Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Crochet Bunny with Carrot Car


I was working through the patterns I wanted to crochet for Easter baskets and I remembered the Crochet Bunny Carrot Car I received as part of a Crochetville Wishlist. It is available for purchase here.

This is one of the cuter bunny patterns I have made and I actually used it as a substitute in another bunny project I will be blogging about this week. I love the ears. I added a safety nose, which the pattern does not use. I have to find a source for bunny noses. My supply is almost out as they were part of a swap gift. I have not seen any locally, I will have to search online.


I am thinking about making this into an icicle car and using a polar bear for a winter themed car for a winter toy. I have a relative with a December birthday and I am always trying to find non-Christmas themed toys to make for his birthday. Usually I am in a Christmas making mode, so if I start on it after Easter, I can put it away and have it ready.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable! For a non-Christmas one, you could use the carrot - and make a snowman inside the car! (I wondered about what kind of yarn you would use to create a sparkly icicle with?)

Unknown said...

Cute pattern! I wonder what kind of yarn you'd use to create an icicle car?

Another idea for a December birthday would be the carrot car with a snowman driver!

Sheltie Times said...

The snowman is cute, but I have an adorable polar bear with a hat I want to try from the Amigurumi Toy box. I think I'm going to stick with white worsted to make it a solid toy. I have some sparkly yarn that would give it the sparkle, but I don't think it would stand up as a car toy.

C.Mahan said...

That is just so cute!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers