Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Brought Crochet

I had a wonderfully long Christmas break with DH. I am fortunate to have a husband who supports my crochet habit. He always asks for a list of things I might be interested in having for my hobby and I can almost always expect to find some of them under the Christmas tree. The beauty is I never know just what he will pick.

This year I am starting to make some clothing items. I had looked at this book and put it on my list. Figure Flattering Plus-Size Fashions has some pretty looking items that don't look like they'll be too hard to make.

I'm still working on my doll projects and have another finished project to post this week. I got two cape projects. The first was a Capelet found here. The second was for a hooded cape that reminded me more of a Little Red Riding hood look found here. I've made my own patterns for capes in the past, but these had looks I haven't tried before and I wanted to make something different for my donation project this year.

From Annie's Attic I got Summer Styles for 18 Inch Dolls. I also got two Shady Lane patterns I've wanted School Girl Fashions and the Waterfall Wardrobe.

For my 5 Inch dolls that I love dressing up, I received Fall Costumes for 5 Inch Dolls.

I joined two swaps at Crochetville this month. I was not that involved last year with swaps, but this year they started with a dishcloth and magic ball swap that sounded interesting. My dishcloth is finished and ready to go. The yarn is ordered for the Magic Ball swap. I just need one more shopping trip to get the items that go in the ball. I'm looking forward to the Ami swap in the Feb-March swap. I just can't decide if I'll do the pet swap or the favorite color swap.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do have to say that I love everything you crochet. I just into crocheting this year and love it! I am still new at it, but I love seeing what you can do with it. Truly amazing!

C.Mahan said...

That plus size books looks like it has some amazing patters. I am loving the long duster type vest on the front cover.

Can't wait to see your new 18' Doll items when they are done. The patterns are really cute, I especially like the fall one.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers