Friday, April 11, 2014

Easter Elephant


Once again I got distracted working on swaps and other projects and didn't get to posting. I hope to get caught up soon.

I thought I'd post the Easter projects first. First up was an Easter elephant I made for an ami swap. I participated in Crochetville's ami swap and decided on a holiday elephant theme for my partner. The challenge was finding unique ways to have holiday ami's without making them all identical.

This elephant was made using the Reginald and Regina Elephant free pattern located here. I changed the colors to give it a more holiday feel. For the Easter basket I expanded a free Barbie pattern for an Easter basket found here. There is also a free AG one found here.

This was a really great pattern. While I only made the girl doll, I found the clothing is a size that will fit the baby dolls I'm working on to donate giving me additional free patterns to use. I wish I had found this pattern first. This was one of the last elephants I made and didn't have enough time to make the companion male elephant to send. If I need another elephant in the future, I would start here first.

If you arrived here looking for free patterns you may be interested in the following blog pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This elephant is adorable! I'm going to have to get my mother-in-law to teach me how to crochet. I attempted a blanket once, but it's half finished in the back of a closet. I gave up on it far too quickly.

C.Mahan said...

Elephants are my favorite! If she wasn't going to a home I would certainly have to come and steal her!

Unknown said...

This is too cute. I would love to learn to crochet.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers