Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Prayer Shawl Ministry

I have posted many times how thankful I am for my online groups, especially Crochetville. The online community is wonderful and supportive. However, I have long wished for a local community to sit and work with to meet people and to have that personal experience. I recently started going to Church in a town not too far from here. I was thrilled to see a notice for Prayer Shawl meetings and while I had to wait a few weeks for the monthly meeting, I got to go this week.

It was so wonderful to sit with a community of women and just chat. I was the only crocheter, but I can live with that. I even had the chance to teach someone the magic circle. One of the woman, also gave me information about another group that meets in the same town twice a month and I am going to see what I can do to make some of those meetings, too. I am feeling very blessed and hopeful as I post this. One of my dearest wishes has been granted.

When I got home, I dug out some Prayer Shawl books I had purchased on clearance from Annie's several years ago and downloaded some free patterns from Ravelry. The rules are pretty open about what styles we can make, size is more the issue. I also have a couple of books on reserve at the library to preview. I know from making doll clothes, I don’t stay motivated repeating patterns. Having variety will keep me motivated. At some point I think I'll start another page for free patterns as I collect them.

Working on human clothing is a big jump for me, but I will still have my doll donation project going. It is just nice to work with a community on something.

On another note, I would like to wish Happy Birthday to my Mom and my nephew. I hope you both have special days.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers