Tuesday, September 1, 2015

American Girl Tunic and Shorts


A funny thing happened on my way to trying my second set of capris, I ran out of yarn and had to settle for shorts. Since I was making this for a donation I wanted to have different colors for the dolls. I had some Bernat Satin that I wanted to use up and it made gauge for the project. However, it wasn't quite enough to complete the project. So capris became shorts.

For those of you who didn't catch yesterday's post. The pattern is from Shady Lane, Crochet Play Clothes and can be purchased here.

All joking aside this pattern is quite versatile for making a variety of lengths and styles of pants and I plan on using it in the future. I've found a cheap supply of hair bands at the local pharmacy and they are working out well with these patterns. It will make it easier for little hands to get the clothes on and off as well. While you could use regular elastic, the rubber bands don't roll or twist and it does make it easier. I've used the elastic in the past and it works, but I've often had to deal with the twisting.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without permission.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers