Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Down on the Farm Baby Blanket


A family member is expecting a second child next month and I wanted to make a special afghan to send. After looking at different pattern options I settled on the Down on the Farm pattern which can be purchased at Mary Maxim here. The pattern is often on sale for $.99 if you are interested and willing to wait.

I had seen pictures of finished projects where people had changed the colors and preferring the changes I decided to make the changes using yarn I had on hand rather than buying additional yarn.

It's been a while since I made a picture afghan and I had misplaced some of my yarn bobbins so I needed to replace them. What I discovered is that I couldn't find them at the local craft store where I'd been buying them for years. Thankfully I was able to get them online at Hobby Lobby. There are several ways to work color changes but I like bobbins the best.

This was a fun project and I'm looking forward to trying some other picture blankets. I picked up a couple of kits when Mary Maxim was having a sale. There always seems to be a need for a baby gift and getting the kits on sale is a great savings. It can be easier sometimes than trying to hunt down the yarn I need.

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! Love your blanket. It's so fun, cute and colorful!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers