Wednesday, November 3, 2010

American Girl Doll Hat My First Loom Attempt



I mentioned in previous blogs that I have been experimenting with loom knitting and had made a few doll hats. This was in fact my first hat made with single yarn on the pink flower loom. I did not want to waste yarn if I ended up not being able to complete the project so I used a single stand instead of the double stand, most people suggest. I have seen other projects like this one, so I decided to keep it.

The dress is from a box of clothes my Mom knit and sewed for a niece on my husband's side. I have been slowly converting Mom into making toys and doll's clothes for the last few years. I have intrigued her by buying her books and patterns. This dress comes from Fun-to-Knit Doll Clothes. I love the lacy look and feel of the dress.

I realized I could in fact get the loom to work and made the next hat on the same loom thinking it would fit. However, the second hat will be used for a winter Hello Kitty to be made later. While I thought the loom fit on the doll's head, it appears the blue Knifty Knitter does in fact fit better. The third hat was the charm.

The Barbie and American Girl Doll Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Patriotic

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Halloween Page



Pictures may not be used without written permission.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers