Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello Kitty Santa Crochet


I have to thank Armina Ami-Nals for teaching me how to make Hello Kitty. This pattern is actually not her Santa pattern, but an adaptation of her Witch pattern. I have links to her patterns on the Hello Kitty page. You can find both links on the page and decide which you prefer. I love the dress of the witch and I have never worked with the fun fur so adapting the witch to Santa seemed an easier route for me.

I tried using double crochets for the dress and I liked the effect. I also started from the top of the arm, instead of the hand. This allowed me to add cuffs to the dress. If you follow my blog, you will know I am not a fan of sewing. I use safety eyes whenever I can instead of sewing eyes. Suncatchers introduced me to Hello Kitty noses. This is the first chance I have had to try the noses out and I prefer the way the safety nose works to the sewn noses I make.

The Santa Hat is comes from a doll pattern I have been working on. I worked the size to fit Hello Kitty's head. I bought a pom-pom maker, but have not had time to use it yet. Therefore, I am still using the packaged versions for my patterns. After my holiday crocheting is done, I plan to dive in to learning more about Loom Knitting so I can use all the looms I bought. Next year I may even have real pom-poms as well.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food


Pictures may not be used without permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers