Wednesday, February 5, 2014

American Girl Mock Turtleneck Sweater and Pants


Along with holiday and dressy outfits I try to include some basic outfits with my doll donation. The pants are from my favorite Abby, Allie and Annie pattern set, from Maggie's Crochet. The sweater was made using a free pattern from Button Specialties. Unfortunatly, when I went to load the link I realized the website is no longer available. Perhaps the designer will post this again on another site. This is just a reminder of why it is important to download the patterns when you locate them. Links are wonderful, but websites and blogs do go inactive and you can lose some wonderful resources when they are gone if you don't have your stuff stored.

I did play a little bit with the pattern. I didn't sew the arms on the sweater, I crocheted from the arm holes created as the sweater was put together. I try to limit the amount of sewing where I can. I also had to play a bit with the collar to get it to fit.

I am in the process of trying to adapt this sweater for the 15 inch baby doll. I was experimenting with gauge when I first started and the smaller hook should fit the 15 inch doll using worsted weight yarn. It looks like I won't have to dig into my baby yarn to create the sweater for the smaller doll.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.





1 comment:

C.Mahan said...

You did a good job. I love the color. Very pretty and trendy right now ;)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers