Monday, February 24, 2014

American Girl Suit


My Aunt gave me a set of the out of print Fibre Craft crochet patterns for the 18 inch dolls before she passed away. I decided I wanted to start working my way through them. This suit is from the Weekender, Springfield Collection FCM493. The pattern also includes a pair of pants that I'd like to eventually make, too. This is the first time I've used hooks and eyes on a pattern and that was challenging. I may try another go at the jacket to get it to fit a bit better, but I think this was a pretty good first try.

I think when I make the pants and another skirt I will use snaps. The hooks are not as user friendly as I hoped they'd be and the snaps are easier to sew, too.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.




No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers