Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Baby Doll Sweater, Pants, Hat, and Booties


As I mentioned in a previous blog entry I've been making clothes for the 15 inch Mary Maxim soft bodied dolls. These dolls present some unique challenges because their sizes are different from the more common hard bodied dolls. This time the biggest challenge seemed to be their feet. The booties fit without alteration on the hard bodied 15" doll I have. I had to rewrite the pattern to get them to fit the soft bodied doll. The clothes however, fit fine. I haven't tried them on the hard bodied dolls. I suspect they might be large.

I purchased a few out of print leaflets to help me provide some clothing for the dolls. This outfit comes from an American School of Needlework leaflet, Twin Baby Doll Clothes to Crochet, 1155. For those who might want to find it I will just mention there is a Annie's Attic leaflet, 872017 Crochet Twin Baby Dolls that has a very similar name. I now have both, but almost ended up with duplicates not being aware of the differences. The American School outfits are primarily made using sport weight yarn, the Annie's publication uses size 10 thread. While both are out of print they seem to pop up frequently on resale sights.

I was delighted to discover that some size 2 afghan yarn I purchased previously and didn't like for afghans worked out well for the darker contrasting color I needed for this outfit. Since I didn't want to use it for an afghan, I have been wondering what to use the big balls for, now I have a solution.

There's a set of footed pants I want to try. I am curious to see how it will work out having already had a challenge with the booties fitting.

I am trying to get as many doll outfits completed as possible before the end of the month. In March I'm switching to ami's. I'm doing an ami swap at Crochetville and I have Easter and birthday ami's to make. I'm hoping to still get some doll work completed and once the ami rush is done to get back to completing the doll projects. In the past once I've stopped it has been hard to get back into the groove again.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns

Baby Doll Patterns:

Baby Doll and Cabbage Patch

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving







1 comment:

C.Mahan said...

Despite their weird sizes, this turned our really cute. I love the color.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers