Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Jack and the Beanstalk


I was in the middle of another project when I realized it was no longer going to be a July birthday project it was going to need to move to a Christmas project. This left a hole in my birthday schedule of projects. I pondered the Jack and the Beanstalk project. It seemed straight forward enough but what if I got drawn into it and it too became challenging enough that it also became a distant Christmas list present. I pondered and then began crocheting.


For those of you interested in the pattern you can find it in the book Crochet Stories: Grimms' Fairy Tales along with 4 other fairy tale patterns.


This project was made with sport weight yarn as I was trying to keep the set to a reasonable size. I used an f hook. Hair has always been a challenge for me. Jack's is modeled after the trolls from the Three Billy Goat's Gruff. I followed the pattern a bit more closely trying to get the beard and the hair correct for the giant but he was tough. The piece I thought would be most challenging, the beantstalk actually worked up pretty easily.

For my own notes I added Trust Me, Jack's Beanstalk Stinks!: The Story of Jack and the Beanstalk as Told by the Giant and It's Not Jack and the Beanstalk to this package.

1 comment:

Sum of their Stories said...

They are gorgeous! A wonderful gift, I can imagine a lot of play value in these cute characters.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers