Wednesday, December 30, 2020

16 Inch Baby Doll Sundress



This is always one of the first doll patterns I turn to every year because it is simple and adds a finished doll outfit to the donation bags quickly. The pattern is still available through the Wayback machine here but that can change at any time so if you want the pattern I suggest you download it right away.

In order to get this pattern to fit the JC Toys 16-inch Baby Doll I use a K hook and worsted weight yarn. I join after the first row to avoid having to sew the dress together at the end. The trim on the hat and the bottom of the dress are added. I use a sc chain 3. I used an H hook for the hat and added a few rounds to the brim to make it fit.



Last year I started adding shoes from the free Peachy Keen pattern and I decided it was time this outfit got shoes, too. The free pattern is a complete set I hope to make later but I constantly add the shoes to other patterns as it is one of the few shoe patterns I can find that fits this doll's feet. You can find the pattern here.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers