Monday, December 7, 2020

Lowly Worm



I've long been a Richard Scarry fan I've added three of my favorites to the Christmas box this year GREAT BIG SCHOOLHOUSE, Richard Scarry's Best Mother Goose Ever, and Richard Scarry's Best Nursery Tales Ever.I also added two of his Christmas classics Richard Scarry's The Animals' Merry Christmas and Richard Scarry's Christmas Mice.



While there are many reaccuring characters cats, bears and other creatures, my favorite was always Lowly Worm. When I was thinking about a character to include with this package of books, Lowly was the first one that came to mind. This however wasn't the first pattern that came to mind. I'll be writing about that project later. I soon realized as I worked on that project it wasn't going to be practical with Lowly's hat and shoe.



Fortunatley for those of you who want to crochet your own Lowly this pattern is a free pattern available here.



This was a great project to use up some knit picks sport cotton. I was a little nervous about the blue because it was the only blue I had close to the right color and a small left over ball I was hoping would hold out to finish the project. I had just one long strand left when Lowly was done. Always a good feeling to have a little left in case you have an issue. Since I wanted a slightly smaller Lowly I went with a D hook and it worked out well with this yarn.


2 comments:

Joanne said...

I recognized him right away! My boys and I used to read this series together and even watched a cartoon on Saturday mornings.

Sum of their Stories said...

Oh my goodness he's lovely! I loved Richard Scarry books as a kid, I'd look at all the details on the page for ages! I loved Lowly worm, but my favourite ever story was Pig Will and Pig Wont!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers