Monday, December 21, 2020

Lots to Love 8 Inch Elf



I've been building my collection of 8 inch Lots to Love dolls dressed with crocheted holiday outfits. I always mistakenly think I can get more than one made per holiday, but the up side is that I have something to look forward to making next year if my back order of dolls ever gets shipped.

This outfit was made from Annie Potter's Holiday Babies available here.

These patterns call for sports yarn but I used worsted weight yarn and a D hook for the pants and the shirt. I used an e hook for the first row of the hat because it was too tight and then switched back to a D hook. It was a little loose with the e hook but again with the D it wouldn't fit over the head so it was an interesting call to make.

In other notes I added rows to the top of the pants to make them fit a little better before moving to the legs. I made 6 chains instead of 4 to split the legs. I also made adjustments to the arms. I used a heart button instead of crocheting one. I played a little with the shoes to get them to fit the feet. Doll feet are always interesting as patterns have to be adjusted to the way your doll's feet are constructed and that's what I ended up doing.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers