Thursday, December 24, 2020

Vintage Christmas Ornaments



I've seen several fellow bloggers sharing their favorite family Christmas ornaments, some that have a history and as I unpacked mine I thought it would be nice to document the remaining vintage ones as no matter how careful we are we do eventually lose a few over the years. When my Mom downsized I inherited her Christmas tree and all her ornaments. While I've since replaced the tree I've been trying to preserve the remaining ornaments. I believe a few are still left from my grandmother's time.













I thought this would be a fun distraction for Christmas Eve as this is normally our family's big Christmas celebration with both sides of our family gathering at our house. With COVID we won't be having our Christmas Eve party so thinking about the family history associated with Christmas isn't a bad choice.

















There are several ornaments included here as part of what my family deemed the unbreakable ornaments. We later learned they could be broken, but they mostly survived rough handling by lots of children to earn the title. I've included those too because I suspect we aren't the only family to have had these as a tradition.









I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love your post! I love vintage ornaments, as well as new glass ornaments. You are right, every year a couple are lost. I buy some at rummage sales, so my collection is still growing! Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers