Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Gingerbread Man and House



You may recognize the style of this Gingerbread Man and his house if you follow this blog. It is by the same designer as the Dragon in the Castle. You can purchase the pattern here.


This is the most decorative of her patterns I've made to date. In some places I did use buttons instead of embrodiery. I've commented several times that while I can embrodier on cloth I find embrodiering on yarn to be a much bigger challenge and where possible I find alternatives. I will say I loved her directions for making the candy canes. It was an easy and really amazing effect that I can see using again. Her directions for surface crohcet were the best I've encountered to date as well. All and all I learned quite a few useful techniques that I'll be able to apply to other projects.



This was almost the last gift to go out in the Christmas box. There is always the temptation to put one more item in the box.


No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers