Monday, October 24, 2022

16 Inch Baby Doll Parrot Stripes Dress



It was time to update my finished projects. This is one of my best resources for going back to and finding out what I made, how I made it and what I changed.

This is actually an 18 inch doll pattern that works quite well with the 16" Baby doll. You can find the free Flamenco pattern here. This pattern generally appears across several of the donation dolls as it is easy to adapt and quick to make. I made one previously for the first of the 16 inch donation dolls using up some varigatied yarn in my stash. I returned to my Red Heart Super Saver Stripes stash and pulled Parrot for this project.

I found this year working with an I hook until I made the armholes and switching to an H hook for the remainder of the dress has proven to be the best option for this doll. I use a snap at the back to close the top.

This is a slightly different hat than the one I made for the other doll. Still working on a design I really like before writing down the pattern. The shoes however are part of another free baby doll pattern set found here. I find this is one of easiest shoe patterns that stay on the doll's feet.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers