Friday, July 1, 2011

American Girl Doll Colonial Outfit Crochet


The dress for this outfit is based on a free Pilgrim pattern created by Darski that can be found on Crochetville here. I made the skirt fuller by continuing her increase pattern until the skirt was shaped in the style I wanted for this gown. The cap was developed using the free Betsy Ross Barbie crochet pattern. I continued increasing the DC's until I had the size I wanted for the 18" doll. The apron was made following the Pilgrim pattern and trimming it with the Betsy Ross Barbie apron trim.

I used Red Heart and Caron One Pound worsted weight yarn. I have been using Favorite Findings buttons as they come in multiple colors and sizes in their packages and the prices are affordable. I buy various colors and store them in recycled storage packaging, as the little packets they come in are not designed for long-term use.

I wanted to have time to make a shawl for this doll, but I ran out of time. Perhaps next year another doll will have a holiday outfit that includes a shawl with the outfit.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

5 comments:

C.Mahan said...

I meant to ask if you had a beginners crochet book you recommend. For the life of me I can't remember how to get started! It has been so long and lil m has an American Girl type doll that only has the clothes she came in and one other outfit. I would love to start crocheting again and get her some doll and barbie clothes made. With typing all day I can't seem to knit without my hands flaming in pain so crochet might be the way for me to go until I can get my sewing machine back in order! LOL

I am loving your blog you give so many people wonderful ideas. I love your crafting!!

Sheltie Times said...

My suggestion is to check out the children's section at the library. I found the pictures, diagrams and explanations in the kid's books were so much better than the adult versions. I also borrowed the DVD's from the library and then bought the ones I liked.

Unknown said...

I am trying to find this pattern... any suggestions? The link is broken that is posted above. Thanks!

Sheltie Times said...

Crochetville went through an upgrade and the links were broken. The current address is https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/107732-we-gather-together-18-doll/

Sheltie Times said...

The Barbie website is sadly gone.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers