Monday, July 11, 2011

Birthday Presents

We celebrated my birthday over the weekend. Since I have started crocheting my birthday lists I give to my husband have gotten more centralized, patterns, mostly e-patterns that I don't want to download myself. While he always finds ways to surprise me, he also likes a list. On birthdays, holidays, etc. he asks me for the list and then picks items off it to give me.

My birthday had a spectacular haul of wonderful patterns this year. I cannot wait to get started making them. I am sure my posts will include updates as I get them made.

If you read my blog, you will know my tastes run mostly to toys so you should not be surprised with the patterns I received.

From Planet June:

Dinosaur Set 1

Dinosaur Set 2

While I have purchased June's The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi these will be the first of her patterns I have received or purchased. I have a few younger relatives going through the dinosaur phase and currently only have Gourmet Crochet's Amigurumi Dinosaur patterns.

From Wolf Dreamer:

Dino Buddies

There is a theme here. I have been making the same dino patterns repeatedly and really wanted to see some other styles. I have followed Wolf Dreamer's blog and used some of her free patterns. This set has been on my list for a while. I am excited to try them.

From Crochet Village

Halloween Ghoulies

If you follow this blog, you know I make holiday packages to send out to the younger members of this family. I am currently working on the Halloween one. I saw this pattern and while I have some cute Frankenstein patterns, I really wanted to see this Mummy pattern. This is on my top list to start. My husband hit a free BOGO promotion when he was shopping so he got me a pattern that was not on my list but that I love because it gives me some new patterns for my Easter packages.

Eggheads

I love the hats on these. While they will be adorable for my Easter creations I can also see them having applications for Barbie and my other ami's.

Tobogganing Snowmen

I came across this pattern while searching on Etsy one day for holiday patterns. The author does not use a name but a handle bvoe688. Both sides of our family love snowmen so this pattern was necessary. My husband has already requested one for his office. After I finish the Halloween patterns, I will have to get to work on this pattern.

Crafty Deb:

Snap the Dragon

I have wanted to make a dragon for a while. This pattern looked like a good starting point. I have tried some of the free patterns and have not been happy with my outcomes. I suspect it has more to do with my talent then the patterns. This one looked like something I could manage and kid friendly when it was finished which was my goal.

Previous experience with Deb's patterns has made me feel that I can tackle this one.

The last pattern on my very generous birthday pile was from Lucy Ravenscar. I received her Star Wars patterns for Christmas and now that I have a young relative that loves the series, I am starting to work through them. However, her Witch/Wizard caught my eye not just for my Halloween project, but because it teaches one how to change the hair/clothing styles on the projects to create more toys. I usually end up working through this myself, so having some suggestions and new techniques is a welcome idea. I am looking for new little people to include in my packages. These may work.

Now I just need to get to work.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Happy birthday! I'm seriously considering getting that dragon pattern now, my daughter loves dragons.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers