Tuesday, July 19, 2011

American Girl Witch Costume


I thought I was done with doll's clothes for the Halloween season after completing this outfit but was reminded I left out Stacie, one of Barbie's sisters. I have few Stacie patterns, but will have to see if I can modify something for her to wear.

I started with the idea of making a witch costume for the American Girl using Bizzy Crochet's Fun and Funky Free Witch Costume. While hers is beautifully colored, my goal was to make a solid black outfit. I did well with the hat, but found the dress was more challenging than I was prepared to handle that day. So I decided to resort to my favorite free Pilgrim Pattern and play with that pattern. I shortened the dress, added increases to make the skirt fuller and used the same edgings as the free Barbie Witch Costume to decorate the arms and the skirt.

The outfit was created using Caron One Pound Yarn. I used Red Heart Super Saver for the basket.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers