Thursday, January 4, 2024

16 Inch Baby Doll Bib



With this bib for the second JC 16 inch baby doll finished, I am done with bibs for the 2024 donation!!! It does feel amazing to check off those little items that seem like small projects but when you have several to make they sometimes seem like they will never end. I still need to finish the diapers for this doll but the diaper bags are close to done for the year. I focus more on clothes for the smaller baby dolls as I've never found much in the way of diaper bag items that fit them that are reasonable to crochet.

The bib comes from a free crochet pattern for a feeding kit you can find here.

I've changed the bib pattern a little to fit the larger doll but it has become my pattern of choice for this doll.

Notes:

I forgot to include the hook size on my last post and I do use these posts for reference.

I hook

To get this bib to fit the larger doll I've made the following adjustments:

Start with a chain 16

Continue pattern for 20 rows

Row 21 do row 11 neck shaping

Chain 40 stitches for ties

Reminder to myself for future years, this bib is a bit large even without adjustments for the Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby doll. Needlecrafts Shop's Sweet Cuddles 971016 leaflet is a better fit and I should pull it out to use for the smaller doll. I used it for 2024 and it is a better choice.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers