Monday, January 15, 2024

Barbie Peach Gown



This is the last year for the Barbie Pet Vets as I've run out of them and they are no longer sold.

This is the Barbie Zoologist that will be joining the donation this year with the Vet. I picked up a few Barbie Zoologists dolls and will hopefully find a few more on sale before they also leave the market to keep me going for a few more years.

While I generally do buy an extra doll to use for creating the outfits and send the accessories off with a donation doll, this year the choice was easy as one box arrived crushed and not acceptable for donation. It was a great choice for my model/fitting doll.

Next year I'm hoping to donate a Zoologist and the Camping Doll for the 2025 donation. I was able to pick up a couple of the camping dolls when they were on sale at Christmas.

I decided for the start of the year at least to focus less on projects that challenge me and more on projects I can finish and get into the donation bags.

With that in mind I turned to a Barbie pattern I didn't make last year. It is a pattern no longer available on Ravelry. I leave the link here with the forlorn hope that the designer may come back at some point. It is the quickest and easiest Barbie pattern I have and I'm determined to get a second one finished for the Barbie Vet in a different color. Having the link also helped me locate the pattern among the several binders of patterns I have for Barbie and family.

Notes:

As with my previous attempt for this pattern adjustments had to be made to get this dress to fit the current model.

I used Herrschners peach baby yarn with an e Hook. I will need a different color for the second doll so I'll have to see what is in the stash.

Rows 1-4 follow as written joining after row 4 with sc not slip stitch. Keep turning rows while working in the round until row 36. After row 36 stop turning and work traditionally with slip stitch.

Do not decrease in rows 8-12 or dress will not fit.

Finish off back and you may need to add additional row on closing side as it can be tight.

Add snaps to close back.

1 comment:

Sum of their Stories said...

Barbie looks fab in her beautiful gown, thanks for the pattern notes too. Very helpful.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers