Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll Sweet Little Romper



I've made this pattern several times for the Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll in the suggested white and pink colors so this year I decided to shake things up and go with Bernat Baby Sport yellow and pink.

I've recently ordered some new baby yarns from Herschners so I'll have more color options but it felt good to create something just a little different. I'm thinking next time white and purple would be a great combo for this outfit.

I still haven't seen Amy Carrico come back with her doll designs so I can't post a link as to where you can buy the pattern. I do miss her doll clothes as they are generally easy to make and use readily available yarns.

Notes:

I use an E hook for the outfit and an F hook for the headband. I didn't need to do the a sc 3 decrease for the waist as I found this time the pants fit as written. I leave the note because at some point I will likely be back to this problem. I did not need to reduce the sleeves but again I'm leaving the note for future reference. If too large add a reduction row in white to trim the sleeves with a sc picot sk stitch sc picot.

I don't know if this is just an issue of attention this year but I'm finding I need to mark the chain spaces on more of these patterns to make sure I'm not screwing up the patterns once I rech the shell sections. I may have done this before and just not made a note of it but I'm trying to give myself more notes to make these projects easier the following year.

While this doll has accessories in her bag this is the first outfit for the donation. I'm slowly starting to get stuff in for each doll while continuing to work on the sleeping bag accessories. My first one for the 18 inch doll has become my travel project to take to various appointments. At some point I will just have to stop and finish it so I can keep progress on finishing those items as well.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers