Friday, January 7, 2011

American Girl Doll Red Dress




My husband bought me PatternsByJeannine SIGNATURE SERIES: All American Girls - 36 Crochet Patterns for 18 inch Dolls after I put it on my Christmas wish list. The reviews were not great, but I wanted a book of crochet patterns for the 18" dolls and there are not many options on the market. I really like this book. The disadvantage of buying the condensed version is that the patterns are black and white. However, you can download pictures of the patterns from her website. I have done that for the two patterns I have worked on so far and it works for me. It was a much better option than the price for the individual colored pattern booklets.

This was supposed to be the Valentine's Dress. As often happens as I start reading patterns from someone I have not worked with before I realized I made a mistake. What was supposed to be a flowing skirt was straight. However, I liked the more modern look and decided I would keep this outfit and try the Valentine's outfit again later. I added a top to the hat so when I make the Valentine's dress the child will have two different doll hats and this one goes better with this outfit.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

3 comments:

C.Mahan said...

I think it turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Another cute project! :D I love seeing what you come up with.

Mere said...

That looks really pretty! Good job

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers