Thursday, January 27, 2011

Skipper Party Dress



This picture does not quite do the dress justice. It is much fuller and prettier in person. This is another dress I adapted from Annie's Attic Fashion Doll Little Sister, Pattern Number 87D22 published 1986. This pattern used fingering yarn and it was so much fun working on the skirt. The formation of the skirt creates the illusion of an underskirt. The pattern creates the style with layers of crochet skirt instead of an actual underskirt. This was a new style of skirt pattern for me. I am anxious to make a few in different colors. The top of the dress has been simplified. I also added an elastic waist as I explained in previous blog posts. I also experimented with using buttons instead of snaps for closures in the back this time.

It has been fun experimenting with the Skipper patterns. With these patterns, I hope to be able to adapt them and make more styles for the doll. I have not found many free Skipper patterns so being able to adapt the few vintage books that are available is an advantage. For those that are interested, I have been using a three- inch elastic for her waist and crocheting over the waist band before working on the skirt and then the top. Barbie's outfits have used a four-inch elastic sewed together and then crocheted over for her outfits.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

4 comments:

Nicoleq said...

I love the color of that dress. It's beautiful.

C.Mahan said...

This is sweet, I love the pink sort of reminds me of a Sweet 16 party dress

Daisy said...

That is so cute! I love the pink! Your posts make me wish I had a Barbie and Skipper doll! LOL

Mia said...

My mom used to make some like this for me! Brings back lots of memories!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers