Wednesday, January 30, 2019

American Girl Cable Loop Sweater and Pants


The weather turned colder and I just felt the urge to start making some doll sweaters. I find as it gets warmer I just don't have the same interest. I've decided to see how many sweaters I can make before I lose interest. My first project was to complete the out of print Springfield Collection Sweater Trio FCM494. This pattern is commonly available on used pattern sites if you are available. This pattern creates a faux cable look and it has been one of my favorites for years because it works up quickly, but it has a look of being a little more complicated than it really is to make. The headband for this pattern uses the same method for faux cables.

For pants I went back to my favorite pants pattern from Maggie's Crochet Abby, Allie, and Annie PA972 - 01 I had momentary panic when I went to find the pants pattern and it hadn't found its way home to the 18 inch doll binder. I really didn't want to have to replace the pattern.

Now for my notes, in the past I've found these sweaters a little bulky. This year I tried experimenting by going down from a f hook to an e and I found the sweaters seemed to fit a little better.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers