Tuesday, October 17, 2023

16 Inch Baby Doll B & B Sweater Set



I finished off another outfit for one of the JC 16 Inch Baby dolls. This is made using Darski's free B and B Sweater set found here. I made a note on last year's post not to put a button on the top that I clearly didn't read. I'm putting it back on this post because it looks better without the top button and when I make this again I will want to remember that hint.

I used an I hook for the sweater and shoes and followed the directions as written. I would skip the top button when I make this again as it is just too tight at the top. I'd also considering adding a couple additional rows to the length of the sweater before doing the bp stitches as it was a bit shorter than I remembered from my previous attempts. I used Joann's Big Twist Yarn this year which is a bit lighter so it could have resulted in a smaller sweater.

I tend to make my pants from the top down so last year I wrote the directions and I post them just so if I lose the pattern, which I've been known to do, I can refer her for directions. This year I had to do a row of sc 2 dec sc for 2 rows when I was done as the pants were loose at the top. I will check the chains next time and perhaps reduce if the pants are loose before fininishing.

Pants:

I used an H hook

Ch 56 and Join

DC for 7 rows

Split evenly for legs chain 4 and join.

DC 2 DC dec around leg

sc chain 3

Repeat for other leg

This year I again started with the hat pattern from the free pattern set Mon Petite Chou found here. After fininishing the formation of the hat I went to a chain 3 front post dc in first stitch, hdc in next stitch around. I did that until hat was at a length I was happy with for the doll.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers