Thursday, October 12, 2023

Lots to Love 8 Inch Baby Doll Pretty Yellow Dress



I've been making a real effort this year to try patterns that have been in my doll binders for some time that for some reason I've never made.

This is one of Amy Carrico's patterns called Pretty Pink Dress for 8 Inch Baby Doll. I started this one a couple times with different yarn and hooks and I know I didn't get it right because the picture shows a full almost bed dress picture and this is much narrower but it still works which is why I didn't just frog it and choose another pattern. It may not have been what the designer had in mind but I did get another dress for the donation doll.

For my notes I had to use a D hook for the dress as with the suggested Baby Bernat the dress was just too tight. I was able to use a B hook for all the accessories which continues to lead me to believe I'm missing something in the pattern design for the dress.

I need to work on some clothes for the 18 inch dolls and I really need to dress the family of Barbie with time quickly running out. I'm going to be making some of the Lots to Love 14 Inch Doll patterns I posted recently for the Rag doll, so that doll will also have an increase in donation size as well. I will just have to see what gets done before drop off time and start again for next year.

1 comment:

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Looks cute, I like the pretty yellow :) Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 133.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers