Tuesday, May 18, 2010
I have been reading books and blogs to improve my Amigurumi techniques. I continue to struggle with stuffing my Ami's so they are properly shaped, but the stuffing does not show through. One suggestion was to use a smaller hook to make the holes smaller, eliminating the stuffing showing through. This proved successful on the larger body areas. However, I am still struggling on the smaller tighter areas like the tail and arms. I have concluded it is not the hook size as much as it is the struggle to work in tight places and make the stitches tight and uniform that creates the issue.
The experiment continues, but he still is awfully cute and one more Christmas project completed on the list.
If you would like to see a complete set of amigurumi dinosaurs please visit the Dinosaur Amigurumi Project blog entry.
Pictures may not be used without written permission.
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (55)
- ► 2014 (90)
- ► 2013 (69)
- ► 2012 (104)
- ► 2011 (196)
- American Girl Knit Sun Dress
- My American Girl and 18" Doll Projects
- American Girl Doll Crochet Sun Dress Crochet
- Frog Bath Mitt Crochet
- American Girl Doll Crochet Dress
- Amigurumi Bear Finger Puppet
- Little Barbie on the Prairie
- Free Doll Patterns Bratz, Dora, Air Freshener, and...
- Amigurumi Finger Puppets
- Amigurumi Progress
- Fashion Doll Outfit Packaging
- Barbie Pilgrim Outfit
- Fashion Doll Sock Yarn Dress
- Granny Square Baby Ball
- Fashion Doll Shorts and Top
- Fashion Doll Polish Peasant Dress
- My Fashion Doll and Barbie Projects
- Crochet Train in Crochet World
- My Amigurumi and Toy Projects
- Amigurumi Farm
- Amigurumi Horse
- ▼ May (21)