Thursday, May 27, 2010

American Girl Doll Crochet Sun Dress Crochet


I was still looking for a simple project when I took on my second American Girl outfit. This Sun Dress pattern can be found in the free
American Girl 18" Doll Pattern Links.

I loved variegated colors and decided to do so as an alternative to the suggested pattern colors. I loved the pattern idea of using cotton dish cloth yarn. As I mentioned in a previous blog, I hit several great sales and had stocked up on a variety of colors. I thought it would be fun to try to pattern that utilized the cotton for a dress.




My husband's comment was the doll needed a shirt for underneath the gown. However, other than the lace that I did not add this is pretty much the pattern as described. I do have a white sweater I can add before sending the dress off at Christmas.

The hat was fun to make and looked so cute when it was finished. This will be a great pattern to add to other dresses that need a cute hat, but do not come with one.

I liked the style of the shoes, but have a terrible time keeping them on the doll's feet. I am going to continue to look for a pattern that fits better and then make some different colored shoes to go with the outfits that both Mom and I are making for the various kids who have both Springfield and American Girl dolls.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers