Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fashion Doll Shorts and Top



One thing I have discovered working on fashion doll and Barbie clothes is that I end up with other outfits as I work on new patterns. When I started, working on the gauge for the Peasant outfit Barbie ended up with several summer tops and I realized it actually made a cute top pattern. I was looking for an additional birthday gift so I crocheted a pair of shorts that I wrote about recently to give with the new top. I even made an additional top to keep for a Christmas present. The original top unfortunately was a clear indication that the hook and yarn I was using did not match the gauge I was attempting. I ended up increasing the top hook by two sizes and keeping the skirt size as listed for best fit.

The top in this picture was created using the upper part of the Polish Peasant Dress in Fashion Doll Wardrobe International 87D10. The shorts are from Leisure Arts Hawaiian Honeymoon Fashion Doll Wardrobe, 2132. I am actually considering using the long sleeved shirt to go with a pair of ski pants I have made. I will post a picture and details if I complete that task.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers