Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Granny Square Baby Ball



I wanted to experiment with granny squares and I need baby toys for Christmas. I started with the goal of making blocks. My first attempt created a toy ball. I am still working out the kinks to get square corners, but I really liked the festive colors and a ball is a customary toy for kids.

What I want to do is make a series of different colored blocks that would work for various holidays to add to the child’s supply. For instance, I am working on some squares now with fall colors and will experiment with a different method of getting them joined to maintain a square. I was thinking perhaps some Halloween and eventually Christmas colors again would make for some fun toys and decorations.

For my first step into the world of grannies I was not too disappointed.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers