Thursday, September 2, 2010

Farmer Boy




I started out working on Bizzy Crochet's Farmer Doll as I mentioned in Tuesday's Chicken post. The Farmer pattern is a small doll pattern with legs. As I have discussed I am working on a crochet version of a Fisher Price Farm. My human characters have more features, but I still want them to be able to stand like the Fisher Price characters.




My original intention was to complete the doll pattern as written complete with legs. However, when I finished the torso, I realized I had a doll that was similar to the Farmer Female I had completed earlier. This one was much shorter, so he became a Farmer Boy, and the girl still needs a husband. I am planning to add more stitches to his pants to make the body longer and hopefully will have a Farmer Dad.

The hat pattern is different than the one found on Bizzy Crochet. I wanted the Boy and Dad to look different. I remembered the caps the old Fisher Price characters wore and was aiming for that look. I will use the pattern for the hat on Bizzy Crochet when I make the larger Dad.

If you arrived here looking for free toy patterns please see the following pages:

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Hello Kitty

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food


Pictures may not be used without permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers