Monday, April 2, 2012

Duck with Orange Shirt and Egg


I love having my print copy of Crochet World, but access to the digital library makes downloading patterns so much easier. This pattern comes from Crochet World's April 2011 edition. The pattern is called "Easter Eggs." I downloaded a copy and put it in my holiday binders, only to come across it this year when I was looking for new Easter ideas.




While making this first one, I followed the pattern as written with the exception of the color. One of the box recipients is going through an orange phase, so I decided on an orange color scheme. Even following gauge, I found my egg was not big enough to hold the duck. However, while I could find a picture of the closed egg, I could not find a picture that actually demonstrated the duck would fit in the egg when it was closed. The example pictures looked more like a duck in a egg hoodie. I kept experimenting with my ducks and eggs until I got one to fit, but the egg at that point looked a bit oversized. However, the duck did fit. I will post pictures during the week.

If you arrived here looking for free holiday or toy patterns please see the following pages:

Dinosaurs and Dragons

Knit and Crochet Food Patterns Great for Play Food

Hello Kitty

Crochet and Knit Puppets

Crochet Amigurumi Animals and Stuffed Animal Free Patterns

Knit Amigurumi and Stuffed Toys

Crochet and Knit Amigurumi and Other Dolls

Knit and Crochet Toys

Teddy Bear Patterns and Clothes

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Pictures may not be used without permission.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Experimenting is the way to make the right size :) I made three chicklets from the same pattern and they are all different sizes!

Shay Jordan said...

That is really cute! I love these designs on your website. So many crafty things!

I might have to get in to crocheting again.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers