Wednesday, October 6, 2021

15 Inch Rag Doll Sweetly Sweater and Pants



I'm always looking for opportunities to adapt patterns that fit the other dolls to the 2 Rag Dolls. When I realized the free Sweetly sweater pattern found here would fit the Lots to Love 14" Baby Doll I realized there was a chance the pattern might fit the rag dolls as well. Previous exchanges had worked.

This project was made with a G hook and Bernat Baby Big Ball Sport Yarn, Baby Blue and Ombre,Funny Prints along with the dark blue no longer available Red Heart Baby Sport Yarn.

Notes:

The construction of the sweater fit the doll well it was just short. I fixed this by adding rows prior to the final two finishing rows to get the length I wanted for the sweater.

The pants were made chaining the distance around the waist and joining and then making rows of dc until it was time to split for the crotch. I don't have a pattern for the pants but they are a pretty basic construction. To tighten the waist since I tend to overestimate the distance around to make them easy to pull on and off I sc 4 decrease for 2 rounds and I'm generally at a good pull on and off spot. I suggest testing to see how it works.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers