Monday, January 16, 2023

Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll BBL Sweater Set



Some projects become classics for this donation because they work up quickly and add something nice to the project. This sweater set is one of my go to projects for the smaller baby dolls. It is part of a free set BBL designed for the Lots to Love 10 inch dolls but I've adapted it for the Lots to Love 8 Inch dolls and the Lil Cutesies over the years when I needed an extra outfit.

There are several patterns included in the free BBL set and you can find it here. I have been using this project to finish up a stock of Herrschner's Worsted 4 that had overrun my stash from a project that I'd bought more than required. However, last year realizing how well the worsted 4 and baby weights work for the doll projects, especially the smaller doll ones I have restocked when I've had shipping coupons. This green is slightly different from my previous stash but it still makes for a cute set for the dolls.

The notes for this pattern are fairly simple the sweater requires an H hook, the booties and bonnet a g hook.

I made the pants for this by crocheting over a pony tail holder and making pants as I usually do. I will make a note here for myself that I was a row short. I'd make the legs just a bit longer.

I just picked up another doll pattern with booties and I'm hoping they fit better as these booties have a really hard time staying on. I have an alternative pattern for the Lil Cutesies I'm using. I'm hoping the new pattern for the Lots to Love 10 Inch doll will work as a substitute for this doll for future patterns.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers