Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Stacie Swim Suit



After making Charpatterns bathing suit for Chelsea which you can purchase here, I began wondering if I could adapt it to fit Stacie.

In the past I've primarily adapted Skipper patterns to fit Stacie as there are not many patterns designed to fit the modern Stacie. However I don't have a swim suit pattern suited for Skipper and was thinking of adapting a Barbie suit for her this year.

I tried the bottom of Chelsea's suit on and realized it was too small but it showed promise for adaptation.

Notes:

My notes are not specific and intended only for myself for reference for next year as a starting point.

I used size 10 thread instead of size 20 thread called for in the pattern for Chelsea's suit.

I stuck with the Tulip Etimo 1.25mm Thread hook I'd used with the Chelsea suit.

I increased the crotch rows in the front until they reached the hip bones for Stacie. I need to record a stitch count next time. I matched this in the back and this eventually required a decrease row after the swim suit was joined as it was just a bit loose. I sc 3 and decreased.

I added an additional dc row for the skirt and I'd do the same with Chelsea's the next time as well.

I did a finishing row outside the leg holes and did some decreases to make it a little tighter.

As Stacey is longer in the torso I added additional rows in the front panel before decreasing.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers