Monday, September 6, 2021

16 Inch Baby Doll Dress, Hat, and Shoes



This is the second outfit made from the free Linmary Knits pattern for the second JC Toys - 16-inch Baby Doll that will be donated for the holiday toy drive. Since there really aren't specific patterns for this doll I try to duplicate the patterns I do adapt so I have equal outfits for both dolls I donate. On occasion as with this pattern its worked well for other dolls being donated as well. You can find the free pattern here. It's hard to find shoes to fit this doll so I tend to stick with the shoes from the free pattern set Peachy Keen found here.

This pattern is designed for a 14" baby doll. To make it fit I used a g hook added 4 additional purple rows to the top and two additional rows to the skirt to get the length I wanted for the doll. I've experimented with the hook size on the hat on the previous 2 dolls and this time tried it with an f hook. It is a snug fit so either the f or g is likely a good fit depending on the yarn. The shoes require an I hook.

This outfit was made with now unavailable Red Heart Comfort Sport yarn and Bernat Baby Big Ball Sport Yarn, Baby Yellow. The shoes were made with RED HEART Super Saver Yarn, Amethyst.

1 comment:

michie scott said...

Wow, this is so nice. I'm crocheting too, I just starting doing a baby blanket.

i hope you can visit my blog too my simple joy

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers