Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Rag Doll Dress for February



This is a Dora the Explorer free doll pattern that I've adapted in the past for the JC Toys - La Baby 16-inch Baby Doll and I decided to see if it would work for the Rag Dolls. You can find the free pattern here.

I started the project with sport yarn but I quickly realized the dolls would require worsted weight yarn and the suggested I hook size to make the dress fit. I chose to join the dress earlier than suggested while still in the red rounds and I used a snap rather than buttons to close the outfit.

In order to make the arm holes fit I required a chain 8 rather than a chain 4. Skipping 10 chains still worked to make the dress fit, thus not changing the stitch count.

I plan on making a second dress in different colors for the other rag doll and following the adaptation directions to make this outfit for the 16 inch baby dolls as well. It's a quick way to add additional outfits to the doll wardrobes.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers