Thursday, September 23, 2021

Lil Cutesies Romper with Tam



When I started making the romper from the free Berenguer Baby Layette found here I wasn't sure if it would be for the Lil Cutesies Doll or the Lots to Love 8 inch doll. I was targeting the fingering weight acrylic yarn that was left over from the Spring Dress I'd made for the 15 inch Rag doll as I was determined to finish off the skein of yarn. The question was which doll would fit the outfit the best?



I orginally thought it would be the Lots to Love Doll but having tried the outfit on the Lil Cutesie doll I decided to make a second outfit using the Knit Picks Palette yarn for the Lots to Love doll.

While I had enough yarn to finish the romper the hat ended up being a combination of yarn ends from previous projects with a finish of some additional mint green baby yarn. The center was the same baby yarn I'd begun the project with and then I moved on to a small ball of the Lion Brand Yarn Ice Cream Yarn, Tutti Frutti left over from the Moses basket blanket.

As with the 10 inch doll I used a slightly different method for the legs of the doll. The pattern calls for elastics for the legs I chose instead just to split the legs once the body of the romper was long enough to do so and used a chain 4 for the crotch area. I added a sc a row for each leg and then did a sc ch 3 finish for each leg. I did not make the booties for this outfit.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers