Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Moses Basket



I mentioned last week I'd be focused on simple projects during the holiday week to continue moving the donation project ahead but to allow me to enjoy the holiday season. This project was completed over a series of appointments prior to Christmas and picked up at home during some down time. While I am commited to a better balance this year between accessories and clothes I am also realistic about what I can do during times like this and finishing something is a plus and far less stressful than worrying about what isn't going to happen.

While I stopped making doll carriers for the larger JC 16 Inch Baby dolls and the Lots to Love 14 Inch Baby Doll I still make them for the smaller baby dolls. While I've found substitutions for the larger dolls that I'm willing to purchase I haven't found anything in the smaller dolls' size and these actually work up fairly easily without much of a challenge to my hands. Most of the carriers/baskets start at the 12 inch doll size even when they advertise that they will fit the smaller dolls.

The Moses Basket/Doll Carrier pattern is part of Annie Potter's Sweet Baby Doy Layette and can be purchased here. With some adaptation it will fit the Lots to Love 8 Inch Doll and the Lil Cutesies Doll as well.

The blanket is made using a free pattern set for the 10 Inch baby doll found here.

Notes:

I used an H hook and Premier Puzzle Yarn Hangman Yarn for the basket.

The blanket requires a J Hook and I used some old baby sport yarn I've had on hand that I'm trying to use up. I do not have a brand for it.

I've had purchased a bunch of yarn for Prayer Shawls and I just haven't been making them. I made myself a promise if I'm not making projects I'm not holding on to the yarn forever. If I come back to the project I will buy yarn again, but I'm cleaning out my yarn where I can this year. Thus puzzle yarn for a doll basket.

I make my doll carriers a bit deeper by adding side rows. I prefer the doll not roll out when the child is carrying the doll so I keep measuring until the doll fits comfortably and I know I can put the blanket in with the doll without the doll being in danger of falling out.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers