Friday, February 10, 2012

Gingerbread Scarf


I was looking for some creative ideas to add to a swap box and had settled on gingerbread since my partner collected gingerbread items. I thought I was finished when I came across a free pattern for a child's gingerbread boy scarf. I could not resist. I adjusted my hook size to get it to the width I wanted and then added rows to the body to get it to the scarf length I wanted and I had my gingerbread man scarf.

What I love about this pattern is you can make it into just about any kind of creature you want. With the head and legs established, you can add ears and any other character traits to make create a variety of scarves for children or adults. I plan to experiment with this idea for Christmas next year.

1 comment:

Little Orphan Skein said...

I have an award for you over at my blog, if you would like to accept. If you don't participate in blog awards, that's fine, I just wanted to show you my appreciation for your blog.

littleorphanskein.wordpress.com

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers