Friday, June 1, 2018

Graduation Afghan


Two Christmas present making journeys ago I created mostly scrap afghans for all of one of my niece's four children. They were fun to make. At Thanksgiving I was working on sewing the ends in for the oldest girl's afghan when another family member noticed the afghan and wondered if she too could have one. After having just finished four large afghans I was a bit burned out and I knew even delaying until this Christmas wouldn't happen. It was a good choice as with weddings and babies it would never have gotten completed in time for Christmas. However delaying until graduation made it possible to complete it as promised.

This is a granny ripple pattern. The one I used for this is Rustic Retreat and it comes from Herrrschner's Worsted 8 Throws Volume 3. Mine is made with a variety of acrylic worsted weight yarns some I had on hand and the crazier colors I bought to liven up the afghan as with the first one it is designed to be bright. This one will be clearly identifiable in a college laundry room.

3 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Oh, my, that's sweet and colorful. Looks like it took a long time to make.

SLOAH said...

It looks gorgeous; I love the colours. :) #MMBC

Lalka Crochetka said...

it is wonderful gift! one of a kind and made with love :) I am sure it will be in use for looooong time :)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers