Thursday, December 12, 2019

American Girl Having a Heat Wave


As I mentioned in previous posts I'm trying to shake myself up and try some patterns I haven't used much before. I have a bathing suit pattern I make almost yearly. However this year I came across Having a Heat wave a free pattern in the Weatherby set I've written about previously found here.


I'm a huge fan of Darski's designs because she always adds extras like the wrap that can go around the waist or be more of a poncho depending on how one wants to dress the doll. I like including a variety of seasonal outfits in the donation and it was fun to try a new pattern for something I make yearly.


This pattern works up quickly and I found it to be a great stash buster. I was able to use up left over black yarn I had from the Down on the Farm Baby afghan and left over pink yarn from the Ariel princess dress for the wrap. It was a great way to keep with my theme of please use up some of this huge stash of yarn.

1 comment:

Linda at Apron Strings & other things said...

cute!
My granddaughter will be receiving an 18" doll for Christmas. I look forward to creating a wardrobe for her!

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers