Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Chelsea Summer Play Set



Last year I found a free Amelia Thimble doll crochet pattern here that adapted rather easily for Chelsea.

I stuck to taking the top and making it into a dress. The pants were a more complicated transfer.

Notes:

This pattern is primarily a starting point for the dress but it is important to acknowledge the designers work and credit it as I'd never have tried this without her pattern.

With that said I did quite a bit of rewriting to get this to fit Chelsea and took my advice from last year to make an additional change.

The pattern calls for size 30 crochet thread to make it fit Chelsea I used size 10.

I used a 1.8 mm hook.

Rows 1-4 are done as written with the changes to thread and hook.

I added an additional 4 rows to lengthen the top prior to adding the skirt section and joined after finishing row 8.

This time I followed my suggestion from last year and began with a 2dc ch1 2dc v-stitch after finishing row 8 to start the skirt. This created a better skirt. I continued this pattern until the skirt went past the knee. I didn't count the rows. I finished the back and added a snap to close.

2 comments:

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Oh, what a cute one! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedLinkParty 130.

Stephanie said...

This is so cute! I love the purple shade of color you used for her dress. Thank you for sharing with us at Crazy Little Love Birds link party #6

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers