Monday, December 9, 2019

American Girl Dovetailed



This has long been one of my favorite of Darski's 18 inch doll patterns. It has a historical look to it, but it is also quite easy to make. I love the contrast of grey, pink, and white. I wouldn't have thought to put these colors together myself, but they do look quite nice and I've used them in other outfits since I first made this outfit several years ago. I love when other people do the hard work of discovering great color matches for me.

For those of you interested in this free pattern you can find it here.

I added shoes this year using a paid pattern from a Sweet Creations pattern, School Uniform purchased here. My suggestion is if you find a shoe pattern that comes with a free or a pattern you purchase for the 18 inch dolls that works for you, keep using it for other outfits that don't come with a shoe pattern or for outfits where the shoes don't fit if you want to have crocheted shoes for your doll.


1 comment:

Claire Justine said...

Such a lovely outfit :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers