Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Chick in an Egg Sleeping Bag



This is one of Laura Suttcliffe's patterns that can be purchased here that I received for my birthday.

I've collected her patterns over the years as they make delightful small playsets for family. However recently, I've returned to them as she has many that will fit in the Kits for Kids bags and add a little extra to the small stuffed toy. Last year I made the dog with his bed and this year I'm hoping to work through her catalog of playsets to add extras to the bags going out in the Spring.



Notes:

This was made with Big Twist Yellow and Orange and Red Heart Super Saver White. The black is left over Cotton Faire from the finger puppets. The pattern suggests DK but I have a small supply of DK I'm holding on to for doll clothes so I wasn't quite ready to dig into that for my ami projects.

I did decrease the hook size to E as it was too large when I started with a G for the size I need for this donation.

Like the finger puppets I made this in pieces between doll outfits. I've recently started storing the in progress pieces in a plastic baggie until assembly as the small pieces can easily go missing.

I love the way her patterns are laid out in boxes, including the accompanying pictures. I sometimes lose my place in a pattern but these are easy to see just where you are in the pattern.

It was easier for me to assemble body, head and wings. I attached the wings to the body, finished the head and attached the head to the body. This is not the order of the pattern but it made working the pattern easier for me. I finished off by making the tail and adding it.

Other than the order of assembly I followed the directions as written.



No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers