Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Victorian Snowman Caroler





I completed a snowmen family set for a swap. I was waiting until my partner received her package to write about the project. I found the pattern in Annie Potter Presents The Snowbuddies from Snowville. There is no pattern number listed on the booklet.

When I originally purchased this booklet from a vintage vendor, I only thought there was one pattern for a family of snowmen, father, mother, daughter, son, and baby as pictured on the cover. In fact, this has three patterns, which I had seen separately in other locations. It includes the Victorian couple I made for this project, which I had not seen before, and the Snowman Nativity, which I had seen offered separately.

I decided the Victorian couple was unique and chose that as my project for the swap. Since the father was the largest, I started with him.

I love the way the faces are shaped to give the snowmen faces. Many patterns provide a round ball, but this pattern actually provided shaping for the forehead, cheeks, mouth, and chin, which was unique in my experience. The caroling books are not part of the pattern. The pattern calls for paper and gluing them to the hands. I actually enlarged a free Barbie pattern, which unfortunately appears to have a dead link.


3 comments:

neşeli oyuncaklar said...

OMG! It's so cute.

C.Mahan said...

I love Snowmen! Super cute!

C.Mahan said...

PS- I am anxious to see what you are going to do this year for St. Patricks Day ;)

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers