Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Springfield Doll Skirt, Sweater, and Hat for Donation Doll


I posted a while back that I had purchased Eddie Eckman's Crocheted Wardrobe for 18" Dolls from American School of Needlework 1278. It inspired me to want to begin my doll donation project. I started on a pair of mittens and a hat which will be posted with another project. Then I started a skirt. While I followed the guage I found the hat and the skirt where slightly smaller than expected. The hat had a slightly different look, but I ended up adjusting the skirt pattern to make it fit. I was using wool ease, so I may try a heavier worsted weight the next time to see if it works a bit loser. I liked the look of the skirt even with adjusting the waist to make it fit.

My Aunt gave me a bunch of books that Fibre Craft published for the Springfield doll. I decided to dig them out to work on this doll project. The sweater for this outfit comes from the Sweater Trio, booklet FCM494. This was a fun pattern to work on and I look forward to trying out the hooded sweater as well.

The hat for this outfit comes from another Fibre Craft Springfield leaflet Crochet Matching Hats and Purses for your favorite girl and her favorite 18" doll, FCM492. The hat worked up quickly and I think it is a cute addition to the outfit.


I am almost done with a pair of pants and I will have another outfit to post.

Barbie and American Girl Doll Free Patterns are listed on my blog at these locations:

Barbie Crochet and Sewing Page

Barbie Knitting Page

Ken Page

Kelly/Skipper Page

American Girl Doll Crochet and Sewing

American Girl Doll Knitting

Doll Blankets and Pillow Patterns


Additional Doll Patterns also Available on the Holiday Blogs:

Christmas

Valentines

Easter

Graduation

Patriotic

Halloween Page

Thanksgiving

Pictures may not be used without written permission.






No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers